Many refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump systems contain hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) which are regulated under F-Gas regulations.
The EU has introduced F-Gas regulations on the use of fluorinated greenhouse gases (F gases) like hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and sulphur hexafluoride (SF6).
These gases have been proven to contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer along with the contribution of global warming. As such the F-Gas regulations put in place requirements for owners of equipment containing these gases along with the companies who work on them.
Owners of Equipment containing these F-Gas regulated refrigerants are legally obligated under legislation to:
· Only use qualified and appropriately trained contractors to carry out any repairs or works to the equipment.
· Prevent all refrigerant losses to the best of your abilities.
· If a leak is found, to reclaim all remaining refrigerant and repair the leak as soon as a leak has been identified.
For owners of larger equipment containing 3kg or more of refrigerant are legally obligation under legislation to:
· Carry out yearly, bi-annually or quarterly leak tests by a qualified and appropriately trained contractor to identify any possible leaks on the system.
· Keep and maintain a record of the system with all details regarding the quantity and type of the refrigerant. These records must also record any refrigerant removed or added to the system and keeping records of contractors who have worked on the system.
Barrow Brooks is approved and accredited with Refcom to carry out F-Gas testing and servicing. Also, incorporated within our maintenance visits we will carry out F-Gas procedures and keep a record of all F-Gas regulated systems you own.
For more information about F-Gas regulations, visit the governments website here.